Tuesday, January 03, 2006

This is it...

The Dawn of a new Dave.

I write this from work where tedium has hit the nth degree. I figured that since I spend much of my time thinking articulate thoughts that are never articulated and witty comments that are never heard, I should use my time constructively and write a blog that will never be read.

The Guardian got me into it; that little boxout on page 2 that examines the worlds feelings on any given subject through the medium of a few quotes from random blogs. Even as I type this, I secretly wish that some journalist, scanning pages late into the night, will stumble upon my words of wisdom and quote them the following day. Hey you! Out there! Make my opinion matter!

I work in a cinema so as to continue to survive. Just over a year ago I was earning 3 times what I make now, but I also did that by making corporate videos that I didn't care about and spending all the time worrying about where the next big job would come from. Now I feel like a real artist as I struggle to get by every day but revel in indulging my artistic interests.

Art vs Commerce. Living vs Surviving.
I'm reminded of the lyrics from 'A Satisfied Mind' by Johnny Cash:

How many times have / you heard someone say
If I had his money / I'd do things my way
But let me tell you / it's so hard to find
One rich man in ten / with a satisfied mind

Oh what the hell, I'll keep going;

Money can't buy back / your youth when you're old
Or a friend when you're lonely / or a love that's grown cold
The wealthiest person / is a pauper at times
Compared to the man / with a satisfied mind.

I figure the best way to honour someones memory is to not go and see the biopic of their life.
http://www.walkthelinethemovie.com Walk the Line - Walk on by.

I'm swigging whiskey from a hipflask while I wait for the end of my shift. It can't come quick enough.

Dave




Ignore all these photos, I use this post as a place to hold photos built into the HTML









1 comment:

Dave Sprite Dave said...

Great read thankyyou