Tuesday, April 04, 2006

82ask

I'm back on the road... I set sail on the good ship 65 on Friday as part of a nine 9 support slot with Hundred Reasons. They're a nice set of boys, although it is a little odd being not being on a headline tour. We're usually done by 10 these days which leaves us far too much time to idly drink and yell abuse out of van windows.

We finish this little jaunt on Friday, then its a few days in Belgium which I'm really looking forward to. Ignoring the fact I've never driven on the continent before, which I'm sure is an almost irrelevant fact anyway, it should be a great experience - a big foreign festival, a whole bunch of crazy talking kids and a completely new landscape. Plus I have a nagging feeling I won't be required to do the merchandise table which'll leave me free to wander.

It is slightly peculiar doing the driving and merch again after being a performer on the last tour. I do find myself mentioning that to people a little too often - it's very narcassistic and sounds very attention getting, but I do it almost without thinking.

We've discovered a great new service - 82ask. For £2 a week you can text an unlimited number of questions to 82275 and receive an answer within minutes. Now while this may sound like a twee little gimmick, it is actually incredibly useful. Alongside the silly questions designed to trick them ("How can I become funny?" , "is Tony Blair a war criminal") we've also learnt the following stunning facts;
- Port is left, starboard is right
- 'Some Dispute Over T-Shirt Sales' by the Butthole Surfer was released after 'Jesus Built My Hotrod' by Ministry.
- That Jillys Rock World in Manchester is owned by the same people who own the Music Box venue next door.
- The orgins of the phobias that are concerned with sex and elbows.

We are, frankly, addicted and it helps pass the time on the long vibrating journeys. If anyone has any questions then leave them in the comments section and I shall endeavour to answer them for you.


currently listening to: Simon play the bongos


1 comment:

Dave Medlo said...

I will see what I can do...

Dave