Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Scraps from a Wasted Mind

Two things.

A couple of days ago I received an email from my Dad, the majority of the text read like this:

"I am getting increasing hassle about my forthcoming birthday which is beginning to p*** me off somewhat.

The two most frequent questions are:
What are you doing?
What do you want?

The asnwer to both is a resounding and very serious NOTHING

I have no interest in celebrating this birthday - it's just another day and I'm not being persuaded to do anything special - it's nothing momentous and with a bit of luck I won't even be in the country.

So, rant over, PLEASE do not do anything or get me anything - other than a luxury yacht and a mediterranean villa I don't want or need anything and I'm not celebrating."

I hope this goes someway in explaining to the people I know why I am the way I am. Parents, they fuck you up for life.

Secondly, this was my to-do list this morning:

"Cancel house viewing
Do proper ceiling bracket test and find big hook from scaffolding place
write letter to tax people
email and guest list?
tims survey thing
finish european dance parties
speak to warp about atp
arrange aston shoot
email Dad
chase up undegroove invoice
Pay rent
BUy box for bracket
buy bag for camera
Call Baart
Make intro rumble
collect Litte Victories
money from hux
Go on Tour"

I hope this goes someway to explaining to the people I know why I've been the way I have recently. Nothing personal, just busy.

Off on a 3-week UK tour with 65dos in about 5 hours. I'll hopefully write more from the road.
Peace.
Dave

No comments: