Sunday, May 27, 2007

Hello...? Is anybody still there?

So. Been a bit absent for the last month or so. Yessiree, a little absent. Leaving your blog unwritten is sort of like correcting an untruth, the more time passes the more you are happy to let it be and not make the changes neccessary... In fact, I have to admit, that I'm personally putting myself under duress to sit here and write, lest I never return again. It's not like I've grown tired of blogging - far from it - I've just grown a little tired of writing about my own misadventures. I've been doing some reviews for Watch With Mothers which I've really enjoyed doing much more.

But anyway, I've also been a bit busy and distracted which is another reason why there has been no updates around here. I toddled off on tour with 65daysofstatic at the start of the month, came home for a few days and now I'm back out on the road driving for Brett Dennen, the support act for Rodriguo y Gabriella. The 65dos tour was great, although not as action packed and exciting as perhaps I was hoping for - the boys have been on the road for a very long time, and will be for a very long time more, and some of the novelty has now passed on. It was still good to be out there though, doing visuals every night and feeling vaguely like an artist for the first time in a long time. We went over to Ireland at the start of the tour which was really nice - I sure like that country and we met some lovely people, and I think I may have left a little bit of my heart in Galway which was, like, just gorgeous.

I've just realised that the days touring schedule states that the Finnish are arriving at 10.20. That is meant to mean we finish at 10.20... but I think I prefer the idea of nordic vistors. Oh, and Daily Motion have featured 65daysofstatic Don't Go Down to Sorrow on their front page so go over and have a look...

2 comments:

DavidNicolPhoto said...

I'm still here! :)

didn't see you at the leeds gig otherwise i'd have said hi.

have fun back on the road again.

Dave Medlo said...

Nah, they hide me behind bass cabs on stage, and lock me in the dressing room before and after the show. I'm not allowed to mingle, otherwise I'd have said hi back...!