Monday, May 22, 2006

The Lost Post

This was found on my machine shortly after we returned from the European tour. Written but never read, whimiscal but nauseating, aspiring but cliched. At my very best.

Well, it's almost over. The first 65dos Europe tour has reached its final night. I write this from an exceptionally nice venue in Brugge where we have been afforded every courtesy and had a very mellow lead up to the last show. Typically we are full of either distant melancholy or a kind of psychotic happiness, a few of us are choosing to simply switch between the two in a spirited attempt to ignore the inevitable; tomorrow we are going home.

It is only for a few days to give us time to sleep in our own beds, see our very tolerant nearest and dearest, sort out a spot of business and maybe let the burnt skin peel off. I for one am looking forward to shaving my head. The tour continues in the UK but Europe is now over, and I think that's why I feel more regret at leaving than anticipation at returning. It has been an awesome few weeks - at once stressful, hectic, hilarious, inspiring, educational, testing, exhausting and more than a little gross. I feel I have seen the parts of Europe that I would never had as a traveller or a tourist, and met so many different people who would never have crossed my path in any way.

It teaches you alot - about how well you relate to other people, about what comforts you need to survive, and what you can do without. It streamlines your thoughts and gives you an insight into what is really important, and what is just surplus in the real world. It also forces you to try new experiences, to improvise when most necessary and to keep yourself on your toes. That's what I'll most miss.


Hmmm. Seemingly not finished either.


currently listening to: Paul typing next to me


No comments: