Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Catching up with business

Well...

The videos are made, the files converted and split, the sets rehearsed, the equipment rented, the software installed and the bus hired. Guess there is little else to do now apart from going and playing some fucking gigs. We had the dress rehearsal today and it went wonderfully - if everything works like it should then we're gonna have blistering 16 shows.

65daysofstatic Radio Protector UK Tour

with Media Lounge visuals
Chris Clark, The Mirimar Disaster

FEBRUARY
24th: LIVERPOOL, Academy.
25th: NOTTINGHAM, Rescue Rooms
26th: NEWCASTLE, The Academy.

27th: GLASGOW, ABC2.
28th: ABERDEEN, Moshulu.

MARCH
1st: STOKE, The Sugarmill.
2nd: LEEDS, The Cockpit.

3rd: SHEFFIELD, The Leadmill.
4th: MANCHESTER, Academy 3.
5th: BRISTOL, The Bierkeller.
6th: BIRMINGHAM, The Academy 2.
7th: LONDON, ULU.
8th: NORWICH, The Waterfront.

9th: OXFORD, The Zodiac.
10th: BRIGHTON, Concorde 2.
11th: BOURNEMOUTH, Opera House.



I'm in a bit of a lull now... we don't go until Friday but everything is ready now out of neccessity, so as opposed to the usual mad dash at the last minute I am currently experiencing the calm before the storm. It's weird. I'm not used to being ready ahead of time...

In related news I am delighted with the software we are using for the tour, Vidvox Grid Pro. I have avoided live VJ software for so many years because I refused to believe that the video quality was any good - a TV image runs at 720x560 pixels and that is the ratio that we have always played out at, but Grid Pro uses files that are 320x240 and the quality is outstanding... one video, Natasha Beats the Devil, is comprised of video content that was downloaded at 320x240, blown up to 720x560, edited and layed off to camera at 480x360 and recaptured at 720x560 before being converted to 320x240 a
gain to be played out live... and it still looks great! No doubt I shall post here in a few days time when everything has gone horrendously wrong, but for the time being I am in awe.

Another point of interest:
My good friend and ML co-conspirator Feedle has released his debut album
Leave Now for Adventure on a nify little online label called SVC records.

It costs £3 to download the album, but it is worth many more times that. I'm sure that most people who read this blog already know Feedle personally, but on the off-chance that a lone stranger surfing in the dark of night happens across it I must post a mention.

It's an awesome album and Feedle is rightly getting some fantastic reviews for it. I'm very happy to see that my tune of the year 2005, Song For Dogs, is already being hailed as the tune of the year 2006.

I'm seriously proud of him
.