Monday, March 05, 2007

Hopes for the Future

I don't have many ambitions in life, but I have always wanted to have a severed head in my fridge. Not for long, really - just long enough that I can have a friend over, offer to grab them a beer, open the fridge and take the two cold ones that are next to the severed head wrapped in plastic. Maybe I could offer a weak in-joke by throwing the beer to them and saying "heads up."

As you get older you begin to realise that not all your dreams are achievable, and that some must fall by the wayside. More practical ambitions offer a better chance at success... this is why last year I finally gave up on my long-standing wish to snort coke of the breasts of a dead Hollywood hooker.

I think I'll keep the severed head fantasy a little while longer, I'm not quite ready to give that one up yet.

No comments: