Monday, February 12, 2007

Down and Out in France and Sheffield

Peace.

Been a long(ish) time, how've you been? I'm behind on everything. Bills, work, emails, money, updates, technology. Time. It's been a busy year so far. I am sat here, tired and longing for bed, but unable to hit the sack until it gets a little later. There's so much more I could be doing, but I'm choosing to catch spend my time watching episodes of Reno 911. I should have gone down to Isobels instead of updating this here blog. I'm a fool.

So we shot the new 65daysofstatic video yesterday. "Don't Go Down to Sorrow" took 10 hours to shoot in a very cold basement venue somewhere in deepest Sheffield. Save a bassist strucken with severe food poisoning who had to go home early, it all went very well. We put out the Mirimar Disaster video earier this month and completion on our Phlegm Comics collaboration 'Space Station' by Aaron Stout is due anyday, thus I've been spending quite alot of time producing and very little time actually making anything. It was really good to get to direct something again, even if it was just a case of saying yes to some questions, no to some others and watching a small monitor incessantly. Secretly, I think that's all there is to directing anyway.

All I have to do now is find a camera to transfer the footage, edit it and get it duplicated and down to the promotions company by 23rd February. Easy. Did I mention the work shifts, family birthdays, leaving parties, gigs and meetings I've also got lined up? Plus we have a secret staff only screening of Hot Fuzz on Thursday night... how can one man cope?

I did have a holiday, mind you. A skiing holiday at that, so I guess I can't complain too much. It's not like I'm overly stressed - work is really fun at the moment - it's just that there's a hell of a lot of things to get done at the same time, and it never appears to let up. I'd like to breathe a little more, but I guess you can breathe when you're dead.

Here's the Mirimar Disaster video. Produced by Medlo and directed by Paul Huxley.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha...lightweight! you should try being me sometime.

anyway, a few things:

#1. the mirimar vid looks great.
#2. medlo pwn.
#3. the only site you'll ever need to make you happy
#4. i'm about the buy the calvin and hobbes complete collectors edition. this may be the finest thing I ever own.
#5. no really, you pwn. totally.
#6. i want to see you soon.
#7. i'll be very unhappy if we don't get to do a video with you.

that is all. love to jaqs.

andy, because email isn't web2.0 enough for me.